In January 2021, a new Prosecuting Attorney will take office in Washtenaw County. The incoming Prosecuting Attorney is seeking to build an office that will reflect the values and diversity of our community, and in which all Washtenaw County residents can respect and trust to be fair. The incoming Prosecuting Attorney wants the office’s logo reflect its values. (You can read more about the incoming Prosecuting Attorney, and the values he wants to instill in the office, at http://eli2020.com).
That’s why the incoming Prosecuting Attorney is running a contest to design a new logo for the Prosecutor’s Office. The logo is used on the Prosecuting Attorney’s website, on business cards, letterhead, and in printed materials that explain to community members what to expect from the judicial system.
The contest is open to younger Washtenaw County residents—specifically, those aged 23 and under. It is the expectation of the incoming Prosecuting Attorney that the winning logo will be adopted as the official logo of the Prosecutor’s Office. And the person or people who design the winning logo will receive a $300 cash prize!
Email entries to firstname.lastname@example.org were due by October 31, 2020. The logo contest deadline has passed and the winner will be announced mid-November. We want to thank everyone who took the time to share their creativity and brilliance! Full contest rules below. This contest page will be available here for a short time for informational purposes. After this page is removed, it will be available in a newly created archive area of this website (coming soon).
1. The logo design contest is open to any Washtenaw County resident aged 23 and under. K-12 and college students are strongly encouraged to participate.
2. To enter the contest, you must email, to email@example.com:
3. Contest entries were due at 11:59 PM ET on October 31, 2020. A winner will be announced in mid-November.
4. The logo should be in the form of a circular “seal” that can be used on business cards, letters, emails, and official communications. You can find examples of Prosecutor’s Office “seals” from other places at the end of these contest rules.
5. No specific images are required. Be creative! You should, however, try to have your logo represent at least some of the values of the incoming Prosecutor’s Office. Those values include:
6. You are strongly encouraged to research the justice system, and the history and heritage of Washtenaw County, when creating your logo. Please tell us the results of your research in your written statement!
7. The logo should include image(s), as well as words indicating that it is the logo of the Washtenaw County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office. No exact wording is required. It can read, for example “Washtenaw County Prosecutor,” “Prosecuting Attorney – Washtenaw County,” “Washtenaw County Prosecutor’s Office,” or something else.
The words, however, should be big enough to be legible, and must clearly indicate that it is the seal of the Washtenaw County Prosecutor’s Office.
8. Both computerized images and hand-drawn logos will be accepted. If a hand-drawn logo is selected as the winner, we’ll convert it into a digital image that is appropriate to use.
9. Parents and guardians may help younger children enter this contest by (for example) explaining the rules of the contest, assisting them with research, and explaining to them how the justice system and the Prosecutor’s Office works. We ask, however, that entries into this contest be the work of the young person who submits it.
10. You may work with a partner or a group to enter the contest. But the prize money will still be $300, total.
11. The incoming Prosecuting Attorney will have sole discretion to identify the winning entry, with input from his transition team.
12. By entering this contest, you are giving the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office and Washtenaw County full intellectual property rights over your contest entry. The winning entry will become the sole intellectual property of the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office.
13. The winning entry will receive a $300 cash prize. The incoming Prosecuting Attorney expects to adopt the winning entry as the official logo of the Washtenaw County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office. In his sole discretion, however, the incoming Prosecuting Attorney may decide not to use the winning entry as the official logo of the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office.
Copyright © 2020 Team Savit - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by Cav Digital / Designed by M. Henry